Thursday, December 06, 2007

Life is About Making Choices

Life is not all sweet fragrant flowers and gilded roads, and then again it is not all thistles and pot-holed road either.

Life is a series of choices. Some easy, some hard.

The easy ones are like what boots do I where to the Christmas party? Should I pay cash or use my credit card? Should I get up now or sleep in another 5 minutes?

And there are the hard choices, should I move my family for a higher paying job? Or should I stay where I am at so my family has security and happiness? Should I accept God? Should I marry this person?

Making the hard choices is not easy and has major consequences compared to the easy decisions, and when you make any choice you must always be responsible to accept the consequences of your decision.

Sometimes choices have to be made that involve life or death, pain and suffering versus an end to it.

I am writing this because I had to make a choice like that last night, and it wasn't a human life, but a family pet.

We have a cat, the sweetest cat, that loved to be petted, and followed me around outside like a dog. Well this same sweet and loving cat became real ill this week and was suffering, and the choice I had to make was to let her suffer and die on her own or put her out of her misery. It was a tough choice because I didn't want to see her suffer, I can't stand to see an animal suffer, but I also didn't want to have to be the one that killed her either.

The choice was hard, and I will bury her in our special area in the back of my lot with the other cats that I have had to make that hard choice about.


Mr Minority

Labels: