Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mr M Receives a Thinking Blog Award

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...and checked my e-mail. To my surprise I found that I had been bestowed the "Thinking Blogger Award" by Kate at The Original Musings. To me this is a big deal, because it is not a popularity contest award, it is an award given by another blogger to a blog that makes them think. And that is one of the main purposes for me blogging (other than ranting about injustice). Thank You Kate.


Now part of the deal is that I have to give the award to 5 blogs that make me think. And that part is easy and hard. I read maybe 10 - 15 blogs a day, some for enjoyment and some for the information and their viewpoints on current events. Some are the big guys like LGF, Michelle Malkin, Powerline and others, and some are smaller blogs like myself. And just because they are small blogs, with lower readership, doesn't mean that their posts are any less informative or their viewpoints are irrelevant, in a lot of cases they have a deeper insight than the larger blogs. So I am going to choose the smaller blogs for the award, because they do make me think and their points as salient as the big guys.

Thus I am awarding the Thinking Blogger Award to (in random order):

Right Wing Rocker

Conservative Beach Girl

The Liberal Lie, The Conservative Truth

Uncommon Misconception (known as "Geoff's Place)

And The Powers That Be (even though Doug is a Big Guy Columnist, I love his sharp humor and grasp of the underlying facts)

Read their postings and you will find that they are worthy of the award.


Mr Minority


If you're one of the five I just tagged, here's The Official Participation Rules™:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Labels: