Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Mr Ms Opinion on the Proposed Ban on Burning the American Flag

As you all know Mr M can't stand the ACLU and it's Commie agenda, in fact I have a couple of links to sites that are all about exposing the ACLU (Stop The ACLU) and getting them off of the Gov't payroll. Well there is a new movement that the ACLU has taken up that I have to agree with, the proposed bill in Congress to make it illegal to burn the American Flag.

Don't get me wrong, I am an American Patriot, through and through, and I respect the flag of our great nation, and I get teary-eyed thinking about what it stands for. And personally I would want to kick the crap out of any Leftist, Terrorist or Anti-American asswipe that I caught burning our flag, BUT I also don't believe we should make it illegal to do so, because I believe it is their First Amendment Right to do it. To me, protecting the First Amendment is more important than the flag, because without the First Amendment, the symbolism of the flag is worthless. To me, the two most important Rights in the Constitution, are the Freedom of Speech and the Right to Bear Arms, without these two, we are nothing but slaves to the Gov't. So I believe that I must tolerate the flag burner's right to express his/her free speech, by burning the Flag, rather than start down the slippery slope to tyranny by banning their free speech. Because of the Freedom of Speech, I and millions of others, are able to speak their mind on blogs like this, or we could be like Red China where freedom of speech in blogs is regulated by and at the whim of the Communist Gov't.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with the ACLU on this one.


Mr Minority