Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, One and All

Thanksgiving is one of those great American holidays that is not celebrated or understood by foreigners. Today we give thanks for the blessings we have received over the year.

Sometimes it seems that we don't have anything to be thankful for. We could have personally had a bad year, with our job, health, car or money and the outcome of the election was not that great. I know that I had problems this year with several of those reasons, but I still am thankful.

I am thankful that I still am relatively healthy, I had a great year at my job, my wife's health is better, I still have my home out in the country, I'm not bald yet, I still enjoy blogging, I staved off the infections of the Pauliacs, I can still pick my nose with my right index finger, I have a regular bowel movement, and I still have my sense of humor and can laugh at anything.

If you think about it, you can always find something to be thankful for, and those are the things that give thanks for today on Thanksgiving.

So enjoy today, even if you have suffer with obnoxious relatives, the jerk brother-in-law, or the Obama cultist sister-in-law, just give thanks that they aren't pod people trying to take over your mind.

So eat up, be thankful and realize your blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and the Cowboys by 7


Mr Minority

Labels: