Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Polls! OMG Look at the Polls!!

People are reacting with panic and anxiety over the latest polls. but as I and others have stated, the polls are not giving a true indication of how close the race really is.

If you don't believe me, read this post by DJ Drummond over at Wizbang as to why the polls are misleading.
The polls are wrong this year, very wrong. I have been saying this for months, and I have backed up my claim with both statistical and anecdotal support. The claims I have made have inspired some, caused others to laugh in derision, and brought others to test their assumptions and revisit the hard data. Along the way, there have been a lot of questions about how and why the polls could be wrong. The most common complaint, is that for all of the polls to be wrong, there would need to be some sort of conspiracy, or else an incredibly stupid decision made across the board. Well, I am not a big believer in conspiracies, but I do think that the polling groups have fallen into a groupthink condition. I wrote earlier about the fact that of the major polling groups handling national and state polls, all of them are based deep in pro-Liberal, anti-Conservative territories.

Spend the time and read the whole thing, and become enlightened.


Mr Minority

Labels: