It is Hard to Give Up On a Person
People that I respect, I tend to put my faith in them. And it generally takes a lot for me to lose that faith. I have lost my faith in President Bush.
I still believe that he is doing a fair job at pursuing the GWoT, but the latest Immigration Bill flap was the straw that broke the camel's back.
When I originally heard some of particulars of this bill, I was for it with some modifications (stronger border security, tougher background checks, no entitlements...). But as the specifics started coming out, I decided that it was a sham and an Amnesty Bill disguised as a tough immigration bill. It is not what America needs, it may be what President Bush wants, but it is not what America needs.
As one of my commentors, MM, e-mailed me and said "Yesterday Bush called me a bigot because I'm calling this immigration folly "amnesty"..." and he is right. Just because Americans want their Gov't to protect them from people ILLEGALLY crossing our border, protect them from some of the criminals crossing, that come in, rape, steal and murder Americans or protect them from a possible terrorist, we are considered "bigots"? That's just not right!
A good compromise Immigration Bill would have provisions that had real border protection sections, a real fence funded and built (and not just 350 miles of fence either), real increases in the Border Patrol manpower, and real background checks prior to granting of any Z Visa or Guest Worker permit (none of this 24 hours garbage), real back taxes paid, real enforcement of the laws we have now by all law enforcement agencies, and a real crack down on law-breaking "sanctuary cities", not these phony "for show" provisions that this current bill has now.
I find the current bill insulting, as do the majority of other Americans, and I find myself being insulted by the President Bush, his Administration, and John McCain because I won't buy into this sham of a Immigration Bill.
I will stand beside President Bush when he gets slammed by the Haters for the GWoT and the War in Iraq, but he let me down with this Amnesty Bill, thus I cannot stand beside him for this. Or his Big Gov't, or his spending.
Sorry George, you can no longer consider me a "Bushie", I am a conservative that wants a conservative President, and this Immigration/Amnesty Bill of your violates my conservative principles. You have done great things in the past, but what you doing in present sucks.
Mr Minority
I still believe that he is doing a fair job at pursuing the GWoT, but the latest Immigration Bill flap was the straw that broke the camel's back.
When I originally heard some of particulars of this bill, I was for it with some modifications (stronger border security, tougher background checks, no entitlements...). But as the specifics started coming out, I decided that it was a sham and an Amnesty Bill disguised as a tough immigration bill. It is not what America needs, it may be what President Bush wants, but it is not what America needs.
As one of my commentors, MM, e-mailed me and said "Yesterday Bush called me a bigot because I'm calling this immigration folly "amnesty"..." and he is right. Just because Americans want their Gov't to protect them from people ILLEGALLY crossing our border, protect them from some of the criminals crossing, that come in, rape, steal and murder Americans or protect them from a possible terrorist, we are considered "bigots"? That's just not right!
A good compromise Immigration Bill would have provisions that had real border protection sections, a real fence funded and built (and not just 350 miles of fence either), real increases in the Border Patrol manpower, and real background checks prior to granting of any Z Visa or Guest Worker permit (none of this 24 hours garbage), real back taxes paid, real enforcement of the laws we have now by all law enforcement agencies, and a real crack down on law-breaking "sanctuary cities", not these phony "for show" provisions that this current bill has now.
I find the current bill insulting, as do the majority of other Americans, and I find myself being insulted by the President Bush, his Administration, and John McCain because I won't buy into this sham of a Immigration Bill.
I will stand beside President Bush when he gets slammed by the Haters for the GWoT and the War in Iraq, but he let me down with this Amnesty Bill, thus I cannot stand beside him for this. Or his Big Gov't, or his spending.
Sorry George, you can no longer consider me a "Bushie", I am a conservative that wants a conservative President, and this Immigration/Amnesty Bill of your violates my conservative principles. You have done great things in the past, but what you doing in present sucks.
Mr Minority
























